Established in 2013, TextBehind® began connecting family, friends, and children with their incarcerated loved ones as a
social media service. We are grateful for the Maryland State Department of Economics, and several other generous
investment partners who helped with the TextBehind® dream.
Our mission includes the following objectives:
- Protect lives of the correctional officers, the incarcerated loved ones, and fight contraband.
- Reduce the communication gap by providing family & friends with a convenient, easy-to-use, and affordable method of communication as an alternative to postal mail.
- Ease emotional pain for the loved ones caused by incarceration.
- Promote advancements in security, and safety in corrections, and the public safety sectors.
- Create re-entry opportunities to help reduce recidivism.
In 2021, despite the challenges posed by the global Covid-19 pandemic, TextBehind® continued to expand nationwide
across multiple state departments of corrections, and county correctional facilities. Additionally, we also focused on building alliances, partnerships, and collaborative relationships in private sector. This collection of efforts continue to enable TextBehind®, and our partners connect countless new relationships every single day.
TextBehind® is a team of highly experienced, and talented individuals who are compasisonate about public safety, and
family values. We are also supported by a group of advisors, industry partners, and directors who understand how important consistent communication is. Therefore, leading a team of such individuals is a privilege.
Mr. Zia Rana
President & CEO, TextBehind, Inc
As the co-founder, Zia has been serving with the executive team responsible for technological innovation, brand development, and client relations. Formerly, he worked with the UNHCR (The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees), and the U.S. Pentagon. His accolades include multiple award-winning technology projects.